Wednesday, November 04, 2009

'Visionary' says Virgin Mary passed on message of peace

A MAN who drew thousands to Knock Shrine in Co Mayo on Saturday to witness a visitation by the Virgin Mary says she told him that she hoped her message of peace would be “given around the globe in different ways” to all her faithful.

Joe Coleman, from west Dublin, said the apparition asked him to “thank all my children today for responding” to the call to visit Knock and that she would return on December 5th.

“I ask for conversion many times. I ask for peace. I ask for prayers every day for my son’s apostles. I pray that they will listen. I pray and I ask for unification of the faith across the globe,” a statement conveying her alleged words issued by Mr Coleman said.

Fellow “visionary” Keith Henderson said the Virgin Mary told him: “I love all my children unconditionally with my immaculate heart.”

When contacted by The Irish Times last night, Mr Coleman said he did not wish to comment. “I’m going to blank the media for a month, I’m physically wrecked.”

Speaking on RTÉ Radio’s Liveline yesterday, Mr Coleman said he had always been religious, but that he had an accident in 1986, during which he died and came back, and that changed his life.

He said he fell down a flight of stairs and was taken to hospital with broken ankles. He then underwent an operation and was given too much anaesthetic and he left his body and travelled to heaven, where he saw deceased family members, saints, angels, God and the Virgin Mary.

“I came back and that’s when my life turned around,” he said.

Mr Coleman said: “I heal through the Blessed Virgin and the Holy Spirit. That’s the way I heal. I’m a channel for God’s love and I always have been a channel for God’s love.” He accepted he had a room in Ballyfermot that people visited for healing consultations, but denied he charged an hourly rate. “I accept donations but I don’t request them.”

The Archbishop of Tuam, Dr Michael Neary, told The Irish Times he did not wish to comment on the possibility of another similar gathering at Knock. Last week, Dr Neary issued a statement clarifying the church’s view of Mr Coleman’s predictions. “It is not healthy, does not give glory to God and certainly is not good witness to the faith to be looking for extraordinary phenomena.”

Mr Coleman said yesterday that visionaries around the world had been treated with scepticism.

Knock Shrine manager Pat Lavelle said the gathering had caused serious safety concerns.

Mr Coleman said he could have been trampled to death by stampeding attendees had he not brought his own security, and that the church should have provided security for those present.

“It was very dangerous in the church. I nearly collapsed at the altar with the energy . . . People were pulling out of me, tipping off me, throwing their children at me and all they wanted to do was touch me so I could heal them.”

ON-MESSAGE: WHAT ‘VISIONARIES’ REPORTED

Messages purportedly received from Our Lady at Knock Shrine, Co Mayo, on Saturday, October 31st:

First message by “visionary” Keith Henderson:

“I love all my children unconditionally with my immaculate heart, especially all my priests who are not listening to my call. I ask all my children to pray for my priests. Pray. Pray. Pray.”

Second message received by “visionary” Joe Coleman:

“Thank you for responding to my call. I am so happy. I smile on this day 31st October 2009 at my beloved Knock. I wish to thank all the people who came today to pray, to give thanks to my beloved Father God the Almighty.

“I am the immaculate heart, Mother of all my children, Mother of all God’s children. I am the Immaculate Conception. I am Queen of the heavens. I am Queen of the Earth.

“I will glorify my father’s name through prayer from the people who come to pray. I ask for conversion many times. I ask for peace. I ask for prayers every day for my son’s apostles. I pray that they will listen. I pray and I ask for unification of the faith across the globe. I pray that this message has been listened to. That it has been given around the globe in different ways to all my faithful.

“I thank all my children today for responding. I will visit one day soon on the 5th day of the Holy Month. Peace be with you, my children.”
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Disclaimer

No responsibility or liability shall attach itself to us or to the blogspot ‘Clerical Whispers’ for any or all of the articles placed here.

The placing of an article hereupon does not necessarily imply that we agree or accept the contents of the article as being necessarily factual in theology, dogma or otherwise.

SIC: IT